Part Two Vocabulary and Grammar
VI. Choose the best answer. (18’)
26. You can find _______ “s” in the word “skeleton”
A. a B. / C. an D. the
27. The little boy had three ______ for breakfast.
A. loaf of bread B. loafs of bread C. loaves of bread D. loaves of breads
28. One computer is not enough for us. We need ____ one.
A. other B. another C. the other D. others
29.______ excited the Shanghai teenagers are to welcome Expo 2010.
A. How an B. What C. What a D. How
30. Danny is fat and unhealthy because he ____ does exercises.
A. always B. usually C. seldom D. often
31. We sang and danced happily for our motherland’s ______ birthday.
A. sixteenth B. sixtieth C. sixtieths D. the sixtieth
32. Mother _____ her son and said; “ You’d better put on your coat. It’s cold outside.”
A. turned on B. turned down C. turned off D. turned to
33. May told me _____ about her trip to Hong Kong at Christmas.
A. something interesting B. interesting something
C. anything interesting D. interesting anything
34. His roar was so ____ that our blood turned to ice.
A. frightening B. frightened C. exciting D. excited
35. Walt Disney _____ newspapers and delivered mail after leaving school.
A. was sold B. sold C. was selling D. has sold
36. There ____ a dolphin show i